Department: Facilities / IT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1785929
Job Description Summary
We are seeking an experienced to help support our growing company and expanding facility footprint. We are seeking someone with demonstrated experience supporting a Biotech or Pharmaceutical organization's class A office and state-of-the-art research laboratory spaces. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Facilities.
- Performing maintenance and repair of offices, labs, and support equipment
- Completing service requests for standard office and research lab such as:
- Hanging pictures and dry erase boards
- Unpacking and delivering equipment to end-users
- Coordinating the installation of services and utilities for new equipment
- Working with office and lab service providers to support operations
- Building and HVAC Operations, Maintenance, and Repair with vendor support including:
- House utilities (air, vacuum, gas, electrical, plumbing)
- Emergency power systems (UPS and backup diesel generator)
- Central plant operations, maintenance, repair, and optimization
- Building HVAC Controls (BMS/DDC)
- Fire and life safety systems
- Troubleshooting & Repairing standard laboratory equipment including:
- Biology/Tissue Culture lab equipment (Bio-safety cabinets and incubators)
- Chemistry lab equipment (vacuum pumps, gas delivery systems)
- Cryogenic liquids handling/use and equipment associated with their use
- Cold storage and process alarm monitoring systems
- Overseeing vendor and contractor support for both the facility and lab equipment
- Equipment calibration, maintenance, and repair (validation and QA/QC experience)
- Coordinating Hazardous material & Hazardous waste handling and disposal
- Supporting Space planning and move coordination effort (furniture moves & modifications)
- Supporting office and laboratory tenant improvement projects (contractor supervision)
- Supporting the company's safety culture, best/safe practices
What is Required
- High school diploma or GED required; some college or technical training preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multitask
- Good attention to detail and delivers top quality work
- Ability to comprehend and follow standard operating procedures (SOP's) and policies
- Strong communication skills; Team player with great people skills
- Experience with desktop office applications (i.e. MS Office suite)
- Experience working in the biotech/life science industry is required
- Experience with Cold Storage equipment, both refrigeration and cryogenic
- HVAC, BMS, DDC Controls experience
- Experience with the administration of physical access control systems
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.