Senior Director, Marketing
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1781883
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Director of Marketing will be responsible for contributing to the commercial development of the brand in partnership with various functional groups to achieve financial objectives. The individual will lead the development and execution of the overarching brand strategy and promotional platform for Mirati Therapeutic's lead product, adagrasib, a KRAS inhibitor in clinical development. The Senior Director of Marketing will play a critical role in launching the first commercial drug for Mirati Therapeutics and establishing the foundation for the robust lifecycle plan. This individual will also play an important role in building the marketing organization and will be responsible for leading and developing a promotional marketing team. The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality of deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader seeking to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
- Lead the development and execution of the promotional launch plan for adagrasib, including HCP and patient strategies
- Lead the omnichannel strategy and elements of Customer Relationship Management
- Oversee marketing mix and program effectiveness
- Partner with Sales, Market Access, Insights and Analytics, and Medical on launch preparation
- Develop the brand story and creative elements; own development of key marketing materials
- Accelerate positioning, value proposition, messaging platform and corporate brand architecture
- Manage the promotional budget and MLR process
- Manage and develop a team of marketers
- Communicate brand and marketing strategy to the organization, ensuring consistency across all customer touch points
- Develop department operational procedures and processes that foster effective communications
- Serve as key marketing partner with forecasting ensuring the development of key assumptions based on the strategic plan
- Oversee promotional marketing agencies and vendors
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience in U.S. or global marketing
- 5+ years Brand Management experience
- S. marketing experience in oncology, lung experience preferred
- Experience with a subpart H or E product, U.S. product launch is preferred
- Exhibit high capability of working collaboratively, thinking strategically
- Ability to translate insights into a strategic plan
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Prior people management / talent development
- Comprehensive understanding of drug development and commercialization process
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Proven experience managing complex marketing operations processes
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Experience with the management of budgets and vendors
- Ability to assess risks and benefits to make timely, sound decisions with various levels of information, and accept responsibly for meeting and/ or exceeding objectives
- Team-focused mentality
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.