Executive Director, Worldwide Commercial Portfolio Planning
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1780524
Job Description Summary
The Executive Director, Worldwide Commercial Portfolio Planning will be responsible for leading the development of asset, portfolio and disease strategies in collaboration with key matrix partners. He/she will drive the strategy development process end-to-end and will be responsible for regularly engaging senior leadership to secure their approval
This individual will lead cross functional initiatives partnering with R&D, Business Development, Medical Affairs and Analytics to generate a clear evaluation of the strategic options available to Mirati. This individual must have a deep working knowledge of Oncology and be able to distill down vast amounts of secondary data and market insights to develop robust financial evaluations of various tumor types across the Mirati portfolio. This role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and is based in San Diego, CA.
- Fostering strong collaborative working relationships across R&D, business development, clinical, medical as well as business analytics teams
- Following closely internal and external scientific developments related to disease areas of strategic interest and sustaining a high level of knowledge and understanding of prioritized diseases and markets
- Engages with an external network of disease area experts for advice on matters of strategy and development.
- Effectively analyzing and synthesizing market trends and the competitive landscape to enable the assessment of short, mid and long-term impact
- Support portfolio investment decisions that enable long-term success
- Lead the development & updates of disease strategies (e.g. NSCLC, CRC and/or Pancreatic tumor strategies)
- Lead asset strategies in alignment with company and disease strategies, with an initial focus on adagrasib and sitravatinib but also including our novel discovery platform assets
- Lead strategic initiatives which may include:
- Competitive analysis / scenario planning associated with tumor, market, and portfolio level dynamics
- Evaluation of cross-tumor/cross-asset investment strategies
- Impact assessments of key market and/or internal portfolio events
- This position requires excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills to understand scientific and financial data, recognize key issues, establish priorities, and prepare high-level presentations for senior executive staff review
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; an MBA or other advanced degree required
- Oncology experience required, with NSCLC preferred
- Minimum 10-12+ years of or global product strategy or new product planning or portfolio management experience in pharmaceutical / biotech industry or life sciences consulting firms
- Deep knowledge of the oncology product development process, preferably with targeted therapies.
- Deep understanding of commercial and financial analytics from a broad range of lenses. Specific experience should include including portfolio level resource allocation and scenario planning
- Proven ability to develop executive-ready presentations coupled with strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience in mobilizing matrix team members, embracing teamwork and project management within a cross functional environment will be critical
- Personal integrity; passionate, energetic and focused on the company and mission
- Listens/considers alternative ideas, viewpoints and encourages debate on others' ideas
- Capacity to grow, develop and learn from experiences
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.