Data Scientist (Contract )
Employment Type: Contractor
Reference Number: 1767994
Job Description Summary
In this role you will be responsible for Mirati's clinical trial forecasting efforts and providing analytical support through trend-based forecasting. You will be a trusted advisor to Clinical Operations and will generate findings and insights to enable better operational and strategic decision-making. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual that has a deep understanding of oncology trials, strong quantitative skills, and technical competence.
- Develop and implement best-in-class oncology clinical trial forecasts and analytical methods to enhance clinical trial execution across Mirati's portfolio
- Deliver accurate, reliable, and timely data, ensure forecasts are understood, and empower the study teams to take early intervention, if warranted
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations and other cross-functional partners to proactively identify and resolve various data issues
- Triangulate assumptions with other data and forecasting model to pressure test them and develop "what if" scenarios
- Effectively explain modeling assumptions to key stakeholders
- Stay up to date on best practices and methods with clinical trial designs, modeling and forecasts
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree
- Background in applied quantitative sciences, statistics, or computer science
- 5+ years in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Understanding of oncology clinical trial designs and clinical operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management, ability to coordinate workload and meet established deadlines
- Experience selecting forecasting models, validating assumptions, and creating forecasts and projections
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, and team skills
- Proficiency in Statistical tools, Excel, PowerPoint, and other analytical tools
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.