Director, Project Management
Department: Program Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1740342
Job Description Summary
The Director of Project Management will strategically lead the optimal global development of an asset, advancing programs through all stages of clinical development and life-cycle management. This role will work with various stakeholders across Mirati and will help define and outline a strategic vision. This role will apply a strong project management discipline to lead the establishment of detailed operational plans in alignment with corporate strategies and financial metrics across the continuum of research, development and commercial. With experience in cross-functional team management, the Project Manager provides end-to-end oversight of the asset lifecycle activities across all working groups to align with corporate goals and objectives.
- Leads teams to develop and recommend the asset-level strategy to senior leadership, incorporating clear goals, milestone timing, and budget considerations
- Accountable for overseeing the creation of the Asset Development Plan and the associated functional development plans
- Leads teams to identify risks and issues, and to develop and propose mitigation plans in a proactive and timely manner
- Manages the day-to-day execution of integrated cross-functional team activities to meet or exceed annual program and corporate goals
- Creates and embeds core processes and metrics and holds others accountable to timelines, data, and advancing the asset
- Promptly escalates barriers to project delivery, particularly related to resource shortfall, performance issues, process inefficiencies, or other environmental factors
- Drives preparation of governance board deliverables and ensures implementation of decisions
- Institutes and monitors corrective measures to ensure team health remains solid
- Ensures alignment between project plans, functional stakeholders, and alliance partners as required
- If applicable, liaises with the Director, Alliance Management to ensure delivery of alliance goals
- If applicable, conducts and manages routine alliance partnership meetings as they pertain to project/program delivery
- Utilize databasing tools to track detailed project plans in Mirati's authoritative system for project planning and reporting
- Identifies and aligns resources (people and financial), team objectives, and strategies behind the vision to ensure successful project completion
- Works to resolve conflicts among teams and create a positive work environment and team culture
- Applies project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing of projects
- Position may include supervisory responsibility
What is Required
- BS or BA in a scientific discipline required; an advanced degree or PMP certification preferred
- 12+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with focus on Oncology
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary development teams in the execution of operational plans; ideally across multiple functional areas and various development phases
- NDA / MAA submission experience preferred
- Proven project management and leadership experience/training
- Must possess exceptional organization and communication skills
- Strong understanding of drug development strategies, across all critical product development disciplines (Nonclinical, Clinical, CMC, RA/QA, Medical Affairs, Commercial)
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen, excellence in building and managing relationships, ability to understand all perspectives, find common ground and effectively bridge significant differences
- Detail-oriented while also retaining the ability to see the big picture
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with strong business skills/acumen
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Experience working on cross-functional teams to accomplish shared goals
- Requires flexible work schedule to accommodate program priorities as needed
- Some travel may be required (10-15%)
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.