Sr Director, Strategic Account Engagement
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1738868
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director of Strategic Account Engagement will be responsible for leading the field operations for Mirati's Market Value & Access initiatives in the U.S. including recruiting, developing, and leading a National / Regional Account Team covering payers, GPO's and selected IDN's in preparation for the launch of our first commercial product, adagrasib, a KRAS G12c inhibitor. The selected candidate will work cross-functionally with in-office and field-based teams in Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs, and Data & Analytics to drive the success of our launch including providing expertise and valuable input in developing the overall strategy and successful execution of key initiatives and tactics. This role will lead and coordinate efforts to establish effective business partnerships with national and regional payer accounts. It will be imperative for this role to ensure effective communication and collaboration between Mirati's field National / Regional Account Team and other functions/departments including, but not limited to, Distribution, Trade, Payer & Value Strategy, Pricing, Patient Services, Field Sales, Medical Affairs, and Marketing. Beyond hiring top talent, the Senior Director of Strategic Account Engagement will be expected to build and lead a high-performance field account team while fostering a culture of accountability, collaboration, and a sense of urgency towards the achievement of desired outcomes. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of the oncology market dynamics including key customers and accounts with an underlying passion and focus on delivering impactful therapies and transforming the lives of patients. This role reports to the Vice President, U.S. Market Value & Access and be based remote in the U.S., although may reasonably be required, as needed, to perform duties at Mirati's corporate office located in San Diego, CA.
- Stays well-versed with expert knowledge and understanding of Payers, reimbursement environment, and distribution to contribute to Mirati's launch strategy of adagrasib
- Effectively align strategic account field operations initiatives with Medical Affairs, HEOR, patient access services, and Field U.S. Sales
- Plans, forecasts, and oversees budgets, while actively monitoring expenses
- Provide consistent, timely and accurate performance feedback based on observations of key customer interactions as part of an overall performance management process through timely assessment of performance using quantifiable outcomes.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, leading, and managing field national / regional accounts operations through U.S. product launches as well as leading cross-functional projects and teams,
- Solid analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to interact and positively influence all levels of business across multiple departments
- Demonstrated success working in a small to mid-size biotech company, reflecting an entrepreneurial culture and innovative mindset.
- Demonstrated track record of success, leading teams, and developing talent.
- Prior in-house and field management rotational experience in Marketing, Sales Operations, Training, and/or Field Sales preferred
- A highly effective collaborator who understands the importance of team collaboration with all company stakeholders
- Establish and maintain strong clinical acumen to facilitate rapport with industry experts, medical community, and effectively coach/mentor the field account team
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestic (Post-Covid requirement), with occasional travel to Mirati's corporate office in San Diego, CA
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.