Associate Director Financial Planning and Analysis
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1722211
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Sr. Director, FP&A, the Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analysis will be the Finance Business Partner between Finance and the assigned functional areas and will drive the financial planning and forecasting working cross-functionally to support major business initiatives and play a key role in setting the long-term financial directions of the company. The role will focus on the analytics that support budgets, forecasting, financial reporting and program management. The Associate Director will be a hands-on resource to senior management, department heads and program leads.
- Develop and coordinate financial budgets and forecasts for the organization, in particular CMC and Supply Chain.
- Participate in the budgeting/forecasting process; includes owning financial reporting in partnership with Program Team Leaders, Program Team members and Department Heads to ensure financial information (budget vs actual) and other key performance indicators are provided on a monthly basis in order to cost-effectively manage the active programs and the business as a whole.
- Ensure all key topics are raised proactively and aligned with stakeholders to minimize surprises.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages that include full financial statements, key performance indicators, key business trends, actual vs budget/forecast variances and comprehensive explanations of key differences for assigned functional areas.
- Work closely with Department Heads to perform budget re-forecasting on an as required basis.
- Work closely with Department Heads to develop and review customized financial reporting to support research contract work, clinical trials, manufacturing activities and commercial activities.
- Develop financial models and productivity tools to help make responsible financial decisions.
- Recommend enhancements to the financial planning and budgeting process and system that effectively generate program and activity-based reporting to meet internal business, SEC reporting requirements.
- Provide accounting support in connection with the monthly close process and coordinate with Accounting to drive Balance Sheet and P&L accuracy and control.
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or science-related field.
- 8 to 10+ years relevant experience.
- Experience providing financial support in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industries, specifically in technical operations CMC and Supply Chain
- Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel skills to interpret large amounts of data.
- Financial Planning systems knowledge; Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Alignment with Mirati's culture and values.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.