Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1717417
Job Description Summary
Mirati is seeking an experienced paralegal to assist with our day-to-day contracting needs, including for clinical trials, supply, commercial, finance, and other areas. The ideal candidate should have significant experience drafting, negotiating, and managing the following agreements for pharmaceutical and life sciences companies: clinical trial agreements (and related agreements), non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, commercial agreements, sponsored research agreements, and consulting agreements. The successful candidate must be able to work independently to draft, revise and negotiate agreements, with a flexible and collaborative approach.
- Draft, review and negotiate day-to-day contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, master service agreements, consulting agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, clinical trial agreements and other clinical documents, independently and with limited supervision.
- Manage the negotiation to conclude agreements as efficiently as possible while meeting client needs and safeguarding Mirati's interests.
- Address legal concerns of business groups across the company and coordinate cross-functionally with business groups including finance/accounting, clinical science, medical affairs and research.
- Assist with compliance matters, including data privacy and healthcare regulatory compliance concerns.
- Complete projects and special assignments, as needed.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree with at least 4 years' experience as a paralegal in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or biotechnology industry.
- Paralegal certification preferred; California notary preferred.
- Experience in MS Office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint & Word), Adobe, DocuSign and contract management systems (Agiloft preferred).
- Strong knowledge of clinical research process.
- An ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and detail-oriented nature; willing to proactively assume responsibility for and consistently follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrate honesty, dedication, cooperation, positive attitude, adaptability and flexibility with changes in responsibilities and duties.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.