Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1706743
Job Description Summary
The Senior Accountant role will be exposed to challenging work and be responsible for a wide range of duties, including but not limited to Commercial contract accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement variance analyses, and SOX compliance.
- Responsible for monthly close processes, including preparing and posting journal entries and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations, with a focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Prepare and coordinate management accrual estimates, including evaluating new and amended contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment and holding discussions with G&A and R&D departments regarding costs and activities incurred
- Perform accounting functions around fixed assets, prepaid expenses, cash and investments, ASC 842 leases, ASC 808 collaborations and others.
- Perform Balance Sheet and Income Statement variance analyses and assist in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial packages for management
- Assist in system implementation projects to streamline processes
- Drive process improvements and implement new methods to simplify and streamline daily accounting and monthly close activities while promoting and maintaining a strong environment of Internal Control
- Correspond with external auditors regarding quarterly review and annual audit testing procedures
- Perform internal controls testing for SOX compliance and correspond with outsourced internal audit group, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
What is Required
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in Accounting, preferably at a public company within the life sciences industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Microsoft Great Plains required
- Advanced excel user required
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Possess a firm understanding of U.S. GAAP and practices of accrual-based accounting and maintaining financial records.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.