Executive Director, Head of Medical Capabilities
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1704998
Job Description Summary
The Executive Director, Head of Medical Capabilities will be responsible for leading a best in industry oncology medical capabilities team to prepare for the launch of Mirati Therapeutics' Oncology products. The ideal candidate should have prior experience working and leading a team in a cross functional dynamic environment with a focus on both strategy and tactical execution. This role reports to the Vice President, Head of Medical Affairs. The location of the role is preferred, not required, to be based in San Diego, CA and working regularly from Mirati's corporate offices.
The Executive Director, Head of Medical Capabilities will be a key member of the medical affairs leadership team that will develop the framework and oversee the build out of the medical capabilities and team for Mirati.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team to build medical capabilities from the ground up spanning medical information/call center, medical content/communications, non-registrational data generation operations (ISRs, strategic partnerships, ph IV, EAP operations), and medical education/grants; develop launch and annual plans for these activities and lead execution
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders in medical affairs, R&D, commercial, legal & compliance, finance and IT to implement respective plans
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new team members; foster an environment where direct reports are empowered, accountable, and feel valued
- As needed, serve as senior leader of the medical affairs team to support TL engagement, strategic alliances, and external strategic collaborations
- As needed, serve as subject matter expert to support medical affairs strategy and other functions
- Stay current in emerging trends for medical affairs related to medical innovation, compliance, and excellence
- Assume responsibility for other activities related to medical excellence and operations including but not limited to SOP development/maintenance, oversight of systems (e.g. SteepRock, MedComm) which support medical capabilities, budget, contracting, and compliance related activities (eg, FMV and other documentation of HCP interactions)
- Leadership of other enterprise activities as needed
What is Required
- Advanced scientific degree (Masters, PhD, MD) or related discipline required
- 15+ years in medical roles including leading teams across various medical functions
- Oncology experience required,
- Knowledge of industry compliance and regulatory environment
- Strong sense of accountability and track record of execution and operational effectiveness
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analysis
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Ability to influence externally and internally
- Experience in strategic development and annual planning/budget
- Being based or relocation to San Diego is preferred but not required; if remote, routine travel to the home office in San Diego is expected
- Additional travel may be required up to 25% of your time
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.