Associate Director, Commercial Data Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1699801
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven Associate Director of Commercial Data Management. This is an incredible leadership and growth opportunity that will contribute in a pivotal role as Mirati prepares for the commercialization of adagrasib. As a key member of the Data & Analytics Team, the Associate Director of Data Management will be a highly visible trusted partner to the Mirati Commercial and Medical Affairs team. This role's strategic responsibilities will include leading the development, deployment, and ongoing enhancement of Mirati's data management capability. The Associate Director of Data Management will report to the VP, Data & Analytics and is based in San Diego, CA.
- In partnership with our IT department, manage Mirati's data ecosystem to enable data stewardship that meets business needs
- Develop, implement, and manage processes, in partnership with our IT department, that are compliant with all applicable laws (e.g. HIPAA) and Mirati policies
- Manage data acquisition, including contracts & budgeting
- Manage MDM in partnership with IT and suppliers
- Work with data suppliers, to ensure data quality
- Be the "expert" on data, being able to:
- Recommend the best data sources based on current and future business needs
- Clarify to key stakeholder the strengths and limitations of the data sources being used
- Explain the business rules being applied to the data
- Stay current with data and analytics techniques and capabilities, leading implementation of new capabilities and best practices
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with best-in-class vendors
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics, computer science, data science, or a related field is required, a Masters or PhD preferred
- 8+ years of biotech or pharma experience in the analytics and data management area
- 3+ years of experience with pharmaceutical data management
- Expertise with standard pharmaceutical data sources required
- Expertise with standard oncology-specific data sources required
- Competitive product launch preferred, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) preferred
- Proven success in managing multiple external vendors
- Proven project management skills, including ability to lead in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and functions
- Strong experience in data management capabilities (data governance, data quality, metadata management, master data management, data lifecycle management and data lineage)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required when collaborating with business partners throughout the development, testing and implementation stages of the project life cycle
- Experience with commonly used business intelligence tools, and designing, reporting, and delivering analytics
- Experience with various analytics tools used in Bio-Pharma
- Good knowledge of US compliance guidelines
- Well versed in HIPPA law
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a continuous commitment to the QC process to ensure quality of deliverables meets or exceeds team's standards
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment, including external vendors
- Strong project management skills'ability to plan, organize and execute multiple projects efficiently, on time and within budget in an environment of competing and changing priorities
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.