Associate Director, Payer & Value Strategy
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1696032
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven Associate Director of Payer & Value Strategy. As a key member of the U.S. Commercial and Market Access teams, the Associate Director of Payer & Value Strategy will play a pivotal role by providing strategic input into the development and execution of HEOR strategies to inform and build access programs in support of Mirati's launch of adagrasib. The Associate Director of Payer & Value Strategy will closely partner with colleagues across numerous functions (HEOR, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Data & Analytics, Legal and Finance), being responsible for delivering concepts, frameworks, and business support solutions at launch and throughout the product's life cycle across areas related to value. He/she will also be responsible for developing payer field team tools specifically including pre-approval education deck around disease epidemiology, BOI (burden of illness), BIM (budget impact), etc. Deliverables will include payer education tools (unbranded/landscape) as well as the development of the (branded) value pack (e.g., FDAMA, cost calculators, outcomes or net pricing workup, etc.). The role is an integral member of the U.S. Market Access team who is accountable for all brand-specific deliverables, strategies and tactics within the U.S. business. This role reports to the Senior Director of Pricing & Payer Strategy and is based in San Diego, CA.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and tactical market access plans, including integration of disease state and population health perspectives / insights into the overarching launch strategy for adagrasib.
- Work with cross-functional business partners to develop and enhance product value proposition to optimize access, reimbursement and uptake to achieve strategic and operational goals/objectives for Mirati's launch of adagrasib.
- Collaborate with appropriate external partners to build the multi-channel strategic plan for payer and provider target accounts
- Identify HEOR evidence requirements and gaps; understanding and providing guidance around strategic direction to key studies concerning the generation of data and real-world evidence (RWE) to support value demonstration and product differentiation
- Be a strategic partner and collaborate closely with the Senior Director of Pricing & Payer Strategy and all other members of the Market Access Team leads to develop and implement the U.S. Value and Market Access strategy
- Design, initiate and refine pre-launch landscape programs for payer and drive payer value proposition for launch of adagrasib
- Support the development of health economic tools/models that can capture the real world and long-term benefits and which can lead to value maximization of Mirati's oncology portfolio (e.g., FDAMA)
- Conduct landscape analysis of market competitors to understand HEOR relevant data/tools in order to differentiate Mirati's Oncology portfolio of launched medicines
- Collaborate with internal HEOR team members to leverage their knowledge and expertise in HEOR and with PROs and translate into real world benefit demonstration to patients on adagrasib
- Partner across Mirati for early access discussion to prepare and address prelaunch budgetary advisory committees as well as postlaunch value discussions/dossier development/ response assessments to HTAs (ICER, NICE, PBAC, etc.)
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree in HEOR, Biostatistics, Health Services Research related field preferred
- 8 years minimum experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry and/or managed care, payer marketing and/or market access. Direct experience in HEOR desired.
- Experience with institutions, key account management, oncology practices and GPOs. Excellent clinical, financial, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of HEOR assessments and technical expertise in design and execution of HEOR studies and models
- Experience in developing global and AMCP dossiers
- Understanding of US healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/decision making
- Deep understanding of oncology market including managed markets and customer influencers
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others in a fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional organization
- Evidenced innovative thinking and the deployment of new ideas throughout an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities; excellent time management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be able to conduct effective meetings to all group levels, sizes, and management.
- Embraces an entrepreneurial mindset; thrives in demanding, challenging, and ambiguous environments.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.