Associate Director, Trade & Channel
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1696031
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven Associate Director of Trade & Channel. As a key member of the U.S. Market Access team, the Associate Director of Trade & Channel will contribute to the development of strategic and tactical plans in support of Mirati's complete cycle management of trade customer contracts and coordination and execution of these activities within Mirati's overall distribution and channel management strategy. In coordination with the Director of Trade Relations, this role will serve as a key contact to Mirati's specialty distribution network and channel partners to ensure business goals and contractual obligations are being met and identify opportunities to negotiate and improve channel contracts. Responsible for the planning and execution for the specialty and trade channels while maintaining a high level of collaboration and integration internally including Marketing, Data & Analytics, Medical Affairs, Legal and Regulatory. The Associate Director will develop distribution and account strategies, and will identify, intervene and implement initiatives to improve operational outcomes that enhance specialty pharmacy, specialty distributor and retail services. The role will provide strategic insight on key marketplace channel dynamics and evaluate competitive activity within the distribution channel. The individual will be responsible for communicating network updates, challenges, and opportunities in a timely manner and ensuring network readiness. In addition, this role will also have responsibility for all aspects of data analytics and vendor fulfillment of any data needs for the Market Access team. This role reports to the Director of Trade Relations and is based in San Diego, CA.
- Coordinate with Technical Opeations and external manufacturing partners in demand forecasting and pharmacy/wholesaler fulfillment throughout pre-launch and post-launch phases of adagrasib to ensure successful implementation of Mirati's trade and distribution strategy towards the achievement of strategic and operational goals/objectives for Mirati's launch of adagrasib.
- Work closely with the Director of Trade Relations to ensure appropriate trade inputs into P&L and gross to net calculation
- Partner with Market Access (in-house and field), Marketing, U.S. Field Sales and Medical Affairs colleagues to ensure the overall channel approach meets the needs of patients in the current market environment.
- Work cross-functionally to manage data through trade, distribution, and channel entities to ensure strong insights through metrics, dashboards, standardized reporting, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure all financial and accounting needs are met by channel partners
- Monitor market developments and new rules and regulations that impact T&D and Seres' business and articulate the impact of these changes to Commercial and Seres leadership
- Manage and coordinate communications to retail trade, specialty pharmacy and wholesalers to ensure successful communication of all Mirati product related information
- Be a strategic partner and collaborate closely with the Director of Trade Relations and all other members of the Market Access Team in the development and execution of contractual relationships with specialty pharmacies and specialty distributors
- Build relationships with key trade customers in various channels to ensure the services provided are meeting the needs of patients.
- Review and respond to channel related Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Invitations to Bid (ITBs) in compliance with corporate policies and government regulations
- Coordinate with Sales/Marketing Operations on all aspects of data acquisition and analysis for Managed Markets
- Contribute as an integral member of the Market Access tea in the negotiation of favorable supply distribution agreements with distribution partners
- Develop inventory targets through each node of the distribution channel
- Proactively manage supply risks including development of appropriate risk mitigation strategies
- Works with cross-functional business partnres as appropriate (Technical Opeartions, Quality, Regulatory, Finance, Legal, Commercial) to optimize and address supply opportunities or challenges
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree highly preferred
- Eight years minimum experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry and/or managed care, payer marketing and/or market access with experience in the design, build and implementation of the trade and channel function, preferably for an initial commercialization biotech
- Strong understanding of channel's position in the overall access environment with strong understanding of the U.S. payer / reimbursement landscape
- Pharmacy benefit product experience, including Medicare Part D
- Experience in building channels with products that go through specialty distribution/specialty pharmacies
- Experience servicing multiple classes of trade including pharmacy, hospital (inpatient and outpatient), IDNs, LTC, etc
- Experience with building and running varying types of "distribution models", with an understanding of how each serves the patient and other stakeholders
- Experience building a channel model linked into a brand's patient support services infrastructure.
- Experience with institutions, key account management, oncology practices and GPOs with experience in trade and distribution contract development and negotiation
- Excellent clinical, financial, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of US/global healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/decision making
- Deep understanding of oncology market with proven successful recent product launch experience highly preferred
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others in a fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional organization
- Evidenced innovative thinking and the deployment of new ideas throughout an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities; excellent time management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be able to conduct effective meetings to all group levels, sizes, and management.
- Embraces an entrepreneurial mindset; thrives in demanding, challenging, and ambiguous environments.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.