Director, Sales Training
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1696028
Job Description Summary
Mirati is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven Director of Sales Training. As a key member of the U.S. Sales Team, the Director of Sales Training is accountable for the creation, execution, and active management of launch training initiatives, that will ensure consistent selling and cross-functional collaboration approaches across all U.S. Sales professionals and field teams, directly supporting the strategic and operational objectives of the Commercial organization. This includes impactful management development, new hire training, advanced and recurrent training, as well as additional field and in-office development initiatives for emerging leaders. There will be an enhanced focus on digital selling skills and anticipate training forums will include both in-person and virtual/e-learning focused activities. This integral role of the U.S. Sales Team will lead the design, development, and implementation of a wide range of training objectives and sales force effectiveness initiatives with an emphasis on developing and enhancing customer-engagement and communication skills to drive the uptake of adagrasib. This role will collaborate cross-functionally and engage external business partners to establish learning and development processes (learning tools and resources/programs/technology/metrics) and include comprehensive and continual assessment of stakeholders needs to ensure alignment towards the achievement strategic and operational goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will have previous demonstrated experience as a successful pharmaceutical sales professional, strong leadership, and exceptional communication skills, knowledge of adult learning practices, and competency in all aspects of sales excellence and the application of selling skills in a complex environment. This role reports to the Vice President, U.S. Sales and will be based primarily remote with work performed in combination of home office, field meetings, and corporate office (San Diego, CA).
- Responsible for the curriculum development and implementation of a initial and advanced U.S. Sales Training Program and oversee entire training curriculum, including best practices in sales training concepts and associated objectives in leveraging omnichannel plan for engaging customers, descriptions, and sequencing for all training efforts including the development of internal procedures.
- Adopts emerging and innovative technology to increase effectiveness of delivery and maximize resources, including advanced CRM system.
- Partner with the Vice President of U.S. Sales with resourcing Regional Business Directors with the necessary knowledge and skills around leadership, coaching, and business acumen to successfully meet or exceed the goals of their assigned teams.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs and Sales Operations teams to ensure full alignment and the appropriate implementation of insights derived from these groups to optimize alignment and the selling effectiveness of Regional Business Directors, Sales Managers, and Sales Representatives
- Institute process for continual assessment and analysis of training curriculum to ensure effectiveness and proactively identify opportunities for improvement, designing programs to meet both current and future needs
- Develop and nourish relationships with U.S. Sales Team to provide sales training and marketing with a clear understanding of field needs to support product positioning, to address competitive promotional efforts, and to assess the success of the various training and communication tools.
- Develop and deliver results-driven and impactful training initiatives during POA, regional, national, and other strategic commercial meetings
- Monitors the healthcare ecosystem and access changes to ensure that learning solutions reflect up-to-date conditions and provides input into training program enhancements
- Partner with field cross-functional management to assess field training needs and spend periodic time in the field with the U.S. Sales Team and their customers to ensure consistent deployment of sales messages and communication excellence
- Develop and execute sales training workshops to be executive during national, regional, POA, and others sales team meetings.
- Analyze and leverage competitive and other third-party insights to continuously improve current training processes.
- Establish metrics and measurements to ensure consistent and objective training and sales skills excellence across the selling organization. Continuously assess training and development needs of the field force to ensure the long-term development of the sales team.
- Recommend, negotiate, and maintain training vendor contracts and ensure relationships are managed in an effective way.
- Conducts internal audits and monitors sales employee training to ensure that all employees are adhering to the principles established in the curriculum.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 10 years minimum of high-performing experience in pharmaceutical sales, sales management, and/or sales training required
- Experience in the design, implementation, and management of highly-effective sales leadership and leadership development programs and curriculum
- Expert level knowledge and experience of the end-to-end learning process, i.e., leaning needs assessment, program design and delivery, and learning evaluation and assessment
- Proven ability to interpret customer needs and translate insights into effective, cohesive program of work
- Strong clinical background with ability to translate clinical data into understandable learning material
- Oncology experience required, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) highly-preferred
- Competitive product launch experience strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of the oncology community practice setting
- Experience with LMS Systems/E-Learning systems
- Previous experience leading training initiatives for a new product launch.
- Extensive experience in developing and leading high potential sales professionals
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others in a fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional organization
- Evidenced innovative thinking and the deployment of new ideas throughout an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities; excellent time management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be able to conduct effective meetings to all group levels, sizes, and management.
- Embraces an entrepreneurial mindset; thrives in demanding, challenging, and ambiguous environments.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.