Executive Director, Sales (East)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1693833
Job Description Summary
The Executive Director, Sales (East) will be responsible for recruiting, developing, and leading a team of field Sales Managers and Sales Representatives for the Eastern Region of Mirati's first-ever sales team to be formed in preparation for the launch of our first commercial product, adagrasib, a KRAS G12c inhibitor. The selected candidate will work cross-functional with in-office and field-based team in Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs, and Data & Analytics to drive the success of our launch including providing expertise and valuable input in developing the overall strategy and successful execution of key initiatives and tactics. Critical elements to this position are the hiring, onboarding, training and development of the sales team in the Eastern Region. Beyond hiring top talent, he/she will be expected to build a high-performance sales organization while fostering a culture of accountability, collaboration, and a sense of urgency towards the achievement of desired outcomes. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of the oncology market dynamics including key customers and accounts with an underlying passion and focus on delivering impactful therapies and transforming the lives of patients. Geographically, the Regional Business Director will have responsibility for coverage across half of the nation (West or East). This role reports to the Vice President, U.S. Sales and will be based in/near a major city in the Eastern Region.
- Stays well-versed and owns a strong understanding of payer mix, reimbursement environment, and distribution to lead a targeted strategy in assigned region.
- Plans, forecasts, and oversees regional operating budgets, while actively monitoring expenses
- Provide consistent, timely and accurate performance feedback based on observations of key customer interactions as part of an overall performance management process through timely assessment of performance using quantifiable outcomes.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated success working in a small to mid-size biotech company, reflecting an entrepreneurial culture and innovative mindset.
- Demonstrated track record of success, leading teams, and developing talent.
- Prior in-house and field management rotational experience in Marketing, Sales Operations, Training, and/or Market Access preferred
- A highly effective collaborator who understands the importance of team collaboration with all company stakeholders
- Establish and maintain strong clinical acumen to facilitate rapport with KOLs, community HCPs and effectively coach/mentor the sales team
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestic (Post-Covid requirement), with occasional travel to Mirati's corporate office in San Diego, CA
- An essential requirement of the position is to meet credentialing requirements for access to academic institutions, medical facilities, and organizations that are in the assigned territory. These credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization and/or vaccinations. Failure to meet all requirements may prevent an employee from performing all essential job responsibilities.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision – to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.