Head of Applied Research and Data Sciences
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1688133
- Contribute to development of robust oncology protocols using novel designs (i.e. Adaptive, Baysean, BOIN)
- Develop and validate applied research strategies relevant to advance existing assets, sponsored trials, and clinical research collaborations
- Conduct multi-disciplinary research to decipher disease properties, using both published and novel computational approaches, to impact research and translational path for patient benefit
- Deliver novel hypotheses for patient benefit using innovative and adaptive trial designs
- Investigate key data assets across the company and leverage applied research strategies and patient data to empower data-driven decisions
- Design and analyze key datasets from patient samples before and after treatment to inform and advance research
- Provide predictive, original, and actionable insights into therapeutic mechanisms of action for existing and novel therapies
- Participation in oversight of written and verbal scientific communications
- Presentation of methods, results, and conclusions
- Review medical literature and related new technologies
- Work seamlessly across Research and Development teams with shared objectives in a mutually productive fashion.
What is Required
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline, operations research, computational biology or other relevant field, PhD preferred
- Minimum of 10 years oncology clinical development experience including master protocols, basket studies and RWE
- Demonstrated practical experience in developing and managing oncology protocols with novel designs (i.e. Adaptive, Baysean, BOIN)
- Direct experience using analytics to predict, control and monitor clinical trial performance
- Extensive knowledge of application and analysis of synthetic control arms
- Strong applied knowledge in predictive analytics, clinical statistics, or machine learning within the field of data science.
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications in relevant scientific journals
- Deep expertise in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming, and data manipulation
- In depth knowledge of domestic and international regulatory guidelines and ICH/GCP
- Highly developed collaboration and communication skills, be capable of explaining complex models to a wide audience
- Proven expertise in the proactive identification of issues which may impact clinical programs coupled with the ability to contribute to solutions affecting cross-functional matrix teams
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.