Sr Director, Health Economics Outcomes Research
Department: Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1674000
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Director, Medical Affairs Health Economics Outcomes Research is a versatile, flexible, and experienced medical affairs professional with an expert background in economic modeling, humanistic outcomes, and real-world evidence generation. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and team player with experience leading the strategic development and execution of economics and outcomes research strategies to support the launch and reimbursement of products within Mirati's oncology portfolio. Through key leadership and partnership across cross-functional teams, the Sr. Director/ Director will incorporate HEOR strategy into broader disease area and clinical development strategies.
- Leads the overarching HEOR strategy and collaborates across the matrix (ie, Research & Development, Commercial, Market Access, Medical organizations) to deliver on the value of adagrasib and to optimize evidence generation efforts for launch and sustained reimbursement across the product lifecycle
- Evolves HEOR best practices specific to research methods, study designs, endpoints, and policies
- Drives effective and innovative HEOR research and ensures timely execution and dissemination
- Oversees core evidence generation activities ie, comparative effectiveness; cost of care; economic modelling; clinical trial design and endpoints pertaining to patient reported outcomes, healthcare resource utilization; validation of alternative/surrogate endpoints, etc.
- Engages in early and standard negotiations with established HTAs and up-and-coming agencies to review cost-effectiveness and budget impact models in the prelaunch setting (ie, advanced budgetary notification) and upon commercialization (ie, NICE, PBAC,ICER, etc.)
- Identifies and engages external agencies, partners to design studies, monitors agency performance and quality to ensure that deliverables meet business expectations
- Manages the communication and information of HEOR deliverables at core and leadership meetings, through publications, dossiers, and other content/tools
- Supports additional medical activities within the Med Affairs team on an as needed basis
- Travel may be required up to 30% of your time
What is Required
- Advanced degree in life sciences
- 8+ years professional experience in health economics outcomes research
- Oncology background a plus
- Experience working across the lifecycle of an asset pipeline, launch, loss of exclusivity
- Mastery of health outcomes and study designs (humanistic and economic)
- Significant exposure, management and delivery of economic modeling (CE, BI)
- Oversight of submissions for reimbursement (eg, advanced budgetary notification, HTA)
- Strong track record in conducting real-world data studies (burden of disease, comparative effectiveness, cost of care, etc.)
- Understanding/ application of digital solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and vendors
- Team orientated and proven ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
- Embraces an agile and adaptable mindset as focus and role/responsibility may evolve over time
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills along with an innovative mindset
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.