Senior Manager / Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting :
Department: 110 - Finance : Vickie Reed
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1662238
Mirati Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRTX) is a San Diego-based late-stage biotechnology company relentlessly focused on translating drug discovery and research into new treatments for patients by advancing and delivering novel therapeutics that target the genetic and immunologic drivers of cancer. Mirati is advancing a novel pipeline to treat large patient populations across multiple programs and tumor types, including two programs, adagrasib and sitravatinib, in registration-enabling studies to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Mirati is developing novel direct inhibitors of KRAS mutations including adagrasib (MRTX849), a potent and selective inhibitor of KRAS G12C. This historically difficult to drug target is present in approximately 14% of NSCLC adenocarcinomas, 4% of colorectal cancer as well as smaller percentages of several other difficult-to-treat cancers. Adagrasib (MRTX849) is being evaluated in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial as a treatment for patients with KRAS G12C-positive tumors. Our research on G12C has led to breakthroughs in targeting other KRAS mutations including G12D which drives tumor growth in more patients than G12C and includes pancreatic, colorectal and other types of cancer.
Mirati is also developing sitravatinib, designed to selectively target a spectrum of tyrosine kinases implicated in both tumor growth and the suppression of immune responses to tumors. Sitravatinib has demonstrated durable responses in lung cancer patients whose cancer has progressed despite treatment with checkpoint inhibitors - an area of significant unmet medical need. Sitravatinib is being evaluated in multiple clinical trials to treat patients who are refractory to prior immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy, including a potentially registration-enabling Phase 3 trial of sitravatinib in combination with a checkpoint inhibitor in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that is currently enrolling patients.
We are Mirati
Our mission is to discover, design, and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones. We have built a culture fueled by accountability, urgency, collaboration and open-mindedness, and have established ourselves as an innovator within our industry. As we grow, we are looking to build diverse teams, with skilled individuals that are passionate about their work.
Why join us?
The Sr. Manager / Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will play a key role with overall accountability and responsibility for all aspects of SEC reporting, technical accounting, and SOX compliance at Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. (the "Company"). This role will coordinate and prepare all SEC filings, perform technical accounting research and prepare accounting memorandums in accordance with U.S. GAAP, maintain the internal control framework to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and other ad-hoc duties. This role will also be the primary point of contact for external auditors and external SOX consultants to support the Company's quarterly reviews, annual audits, and tests of internal controls.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all external, SEC financial reporting processes and initiatives, including preparing annual, quarterly and periodic reports (i.e., Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K), and coordinating the annual proxy statement, including the related directors' and officers' questionnaires.
- Coordinate annual audit and quarterly review procedures with external auditors by maintaining PBC deliverables, including GAAP checklists, financial statement analytics, related party listings, and other items.
- Perform all technical accounting research and prepare technical accounting memos for significant contracts, transactions and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Manage SOX 404 compliance efforts, serving as the main contact for the Company's external auditors (in conjunction with the Company's external SOX consultants) to support tests of controls for business processes and ITGCs.
- Monitor ongoing performance of the Company's SOX procedures to ensure compliance with internal control framework, maintain appropriate documentation (narratives, risk matrices, etc.), and ensure remediation of testing exceptions, as necessary.
- Oversee annual risk assessment process including evaluating precision threshold levels and financial authorization policies
- Manage equity accounting efforts and coordinate with external stock admin on equity administration
- Assist with monthly accounting close duties and other ad-hoc responsibilities.
What is Required:
- CPA required, preferably with life science industry experience
- Six to ten years of accounting experience; combination of public accounting / private industry experience is ideal with recent experience working in a public company and recent experience working in a SOX 404(b) compliant environment (level of combined public accounting and industry experience will determine whether the title of this position is Manager vs. Senior Manager)
- Substantial experience in, and working knowledge of, authoritative GAAP accounting including composition of memos involving technical accounting and related research
- Experience working with financial reporting software preferable (e.g., Workiva, ActiveDisclosure)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management abilities with ability to handle competing priorities and multi-task
Mirati's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic informations, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.