Associate Director, Chemical Process R&D
Department: Technical Operations / CMC
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1646862
Our mission is to discover, design, and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones. We have built a culture fueled by accountability, urgency, collaboration and open-mindedness, and have established ourselves as an innovator within our industry. As we grow, we are looking to build diverse teams, with skilled individuals that are passionate about their work.
- Provide technical leadership to define, develop, characterize, optimize, and transfer manufacturing processes to contract manufacturing organizations.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of chemistry and material science.
- Trouble-shoot and provide sustainable solutions for root cause processing problems
- Design and execute controlled experiments to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of solutions into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
- Coordinate with CMO's to ensure the process, the plant, the automation & process operators are appropriately aligned to run processes per Process Safety & Product Quality attributes.
- Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications, procedures, and controls.
- Manage the equipment & unit operation process knowledge, information and data requirements associated with production.
- Represent Chemical Process R&D on development teams and other cross-functional teams.
What is Required:
- D. or M.S. in Engineering or related field with minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience
- Proven track record of success in pharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated experience in characterization and testing of complex systems, including design of experiments and root cause analysis
- Strong interdepartmental communication, influence, and documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.