Director, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain
Department: Technical Operations / Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1639380
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Strategic Sourcing to support our rapidly growing Clinical Programs and preparations for commercial launch of multiple products. This position will drive the establishment and "best practices" of the Strategic Sourcing function within our Technical Operations organization, This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Supply Chain's Strategic Sourcing policies, processes and procedures, including Sourcing Strategy, Vendor Qualification, Sourcing Process, Vendor Selection and Strategic Supplier Relationship Management.
- Developing and leading a Strategic Sourcing Center of Excellence
- Establishing the Strategic Sourcing function, creating the necessary procedures, processes, building and developing the required team including coaching and skill development
- Ensuring timely execution and completion of Supply Chain sourcing events
- Driving improvements and efficiencies resulting in added value to the organization
- Fostering collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. Clinical Operations, Development, Regulatory, Quality, Operations, Finance, etc.) and understanding organizational needs
- Establishing a strategic governance supplier relationship management program to ensure supplier partnerships are properly developed, managed, and monitored
- Facilitating and executing supplier governance meetings and operating reviews
- Understanding the marketplace, obtaining relevant Market Intelligence that not only ensures effective and educated decision making but also provides strategic forward knowledge enabling future sourcing strategy development. Including understanding and monitoring critical supply markets, anticipated industry developments and future innovative service offerings
- Managing day to day sourcing operations, ensure competitive landscape through RFQs/RFPs, proposal analysis, selection decisions, , and negotiating contracts
- Establishing and manage strategic and effective relationships with strategic suppliers, establishing meaningful metrics, driving innovation, identifying and mitigating risk and generating value creation
- Overseeing contracting process within Technical Operations
- Managing key strategic accounts, as assigned
What is Required:
- BA or BS degree
- 12+ experience in Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Management and / or Category Management
- Experience with International / Global Sourcing and ContractsProven leadership in developing strategic relationships and evolving supply networks
- Management experience and team development
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making, planning, analytical and project management skills
- CPSM, CPM or other Sourcing / Procurement related certifications
- Master's Degree
- 8+ years supervisory experience
- Proven value delivery and stakeholder satisfaction
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.