Director, Strategic Sourcing
Department: Technical Operations / Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1639380
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Strategic Sourcing to lead the strategic sourcing function within Mirati's Technical Operations organization as we continue to support our rapidly expanding clinical pipeline and prepare for the launch of multiple commercial products. This individual will report to the Sr. Director of Supply Chain and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the company's sourcing strategy, policies, processes and procedures including overall category management, vendor qualification, vendor selection, contracts management, continuous improvement and risk management associated with Mirati's global supplier network.
- Develop and lead Supply Chain's Strategic Sourcing Center of Excellence.
- Establish the Strategic Sourcing function, create the necessary processes and procedures, and build and develop the strategic sourcing team including hiring, coaching and skill development.
- Proactively assess the marketplace across relevant categories and obtain actionable market intelligence to enable effective decision making and inform development of our overall sourcing strategy. This includes understanding and monitoring the relevant supplier marketplace, anticipated industry developments, individual supplier and category risks, competitor landscape and evolving innovative service offerings.
- Ensure timely execution and completion of Supply Chain sourcing events from vendor qualification through contract negotiations across multiple categories in both the clinical and commercial space. Must be well versed in multiple Supply Chain categories including but not limited to Raw Materials, Contract Manufacturing of Drug Substance and Drug Product, Clinical and Commercial Packaging and Labeling, Third-Party Logistics Services, Warehousing, Serialization, Cold Chain, etc.
- Oversee contracting process within Technical Operations. Manage day to day sourcing operations including RFQs/RFPs, proposal analysis, vendor selection, contract negotiation and maintenance, and sourcing-related support of Mirati's external manufacturing site leadership teams.
- Establish and manage effective relationships with strategic suppliers, establish meaningful metrics, drive continuous improvement, and identify/mitigate risks to ensure a robust and reliable supply chain.
- Develop and lead Mirati's Supply Chain Risk Management program including implementation of best practice processes, structure, metrics and tools. Must be well versed in vendor/supplier risk assessment and evaluation and have experience in effectively engaging a broad set of stakeholders in the implementation and oversight of the SCRM program. Should have the ability to translate risk assessment analysis to executive decision-makers with specific recommendations and mitigation plans.
- Drive improvements in COGS demonstrating added value to the organization.
- Foster collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. Clinical Operations, Development, Regulatory, Quality, Operations, Finance, etc.) to understand organizational needs.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedure on a continuous basis.
What is Required
- BA or BS degree
- 12+ experience in Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Management and / or Category Management within the biopharmaceuticals industry
- Experience with International / Global Sourcing and Contracts
- Proven leadership in developing strategic relationships and evolving supply networks
- Management experience and team development
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making, planning, analytical and project management skills
- CPSM, CPM or other Sourcing / Procurement related certifications
- Master's Degree
- 4+ years supervisory experience
- Experience in biopharmaceuticals manufacturing or supply chain management is a plus
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRASG12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRASG12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.