Vice President, Supply Chain
Department: Technical Operations / Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1638871
Job Description Summary
The Vice President, Supply Chain will be responsible for the development and implementation the clinical and commercial supply chain strategy for Mirati Therapeutics. This position reports to our SVP of Technical Operations.
As a member of Mirati's leadership team, this role is an opportunity to bring seasoned experience and skills to build a world-class supply chain organization. This is a strategic role that supports clinical and commercial supply and spans US and OUS territories. In close collaboration with the SVP, Technical Operations you will also serve as the lead Supply Chain point of contact to all external stakeholders including collaboration partners and contract service providers and to key internal stakeholders from Development, Commercial, Quality, Finance/Accounting and Legal.
This individual will be responsible for leading Mirati's Supply Chain strategy. You will develop and execute the company's Supply Chain strategy in support of the corporate development strategy and the company's deep and growing development pipeline.
This is a unique opportunity to help guide the organization through our evolution as a U.S.-based research and development organization to a global commercial-stage biotech with potential for multiple products launching beyond 2022.
- Develop, lead, plan and execute a Supply Chain strategy for new product candidates, in partnership with the SVP, Technical Operations to attain rapid regulatory approvals.
- Designs, develops and secures effective commercial supply chains
- Establish, manage, and maintain a knowledge base of current and emerging supply chain practices and best practices, and interpret and communicate relevant issues within the organization.
- Continually assess the needs of the organization and build world class Supply Chain Organization to meet the Company's growing business needs.
- Develops departmental policies and oversees and/or authorizes their implementation.
- Leads or manages the work of others by providing guidance to subordinates or teams based on organizational goals and company policy. Develops team members to their full potential.
- Establishes clear expectations, sets priorities, focuses resources, and delegates effectively. Closely monitors progress and proactively addresses issues and obstacles. Flexible and responsive to change; creative problem-solving skills. Highly decisive and action-oriented. When needed, strong individual contributor, with a hands-on style.
- Establish and manage the relationship with Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) for production and release of commercial
- Report manufacturing results within and outside the
- Control and reduce costs related to raw material, direct material, and indirect material and services commodities by understanding of the competitive landscape for various commodities and applying global market intelligence to commodity strategies and supplier negotiations.
- Develop and manage Supply Chain budget
- Assures supply chain operations are in compliance with regulatory standards and corporate policies
- Lead JMC activities on behalf of Mirati with commercialization/partner(s)
- May fill addition leadership assignments within Technical Operations such as departmental representative as assigned.
What is Required:
- MS degree in related discipline or BS with MBA and 18+ years of related experience. APICS or ISM certification is preferred.
- Proven success building and leading a supply chain function
- Proven track record of successes in managing clinical and commercial supply chains for small molecule drug products (oncology preferred).
- Expert knowledge of the supply chain processes and applicable global laws and regulations.
- Natural leader with a positive management style, combined with superior communication skills and unwavering ethics and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to connect, collaborate and build relationships across all levels and functions and establish credibility with leaders and key external stakeholders
- Management and leadership skills, with ability to lead matrixed, cross-functional work teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels and present complex and/or new ideas both internally and with external stakeholders
- Experience interacting effectively with the Executive Leadership Team
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability and presentation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as a proven track record of working effectively in diverse teams involving multi-functional disciplines.
- Proficient with broad use computer applications such as MS Office and specialized supply chain applications as needed for job.
- Ability to travel up to 40% domestically and internationally
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.