Director, Corporate Counsel
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1626789
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a skilled collaborative transactions attorney to help draft, review and negotiate a wide array of contracts for the company across various business areas. They will need a good understanding of pharmaceutical industry and related legal issues, as well as outstanding drafting and negotiation skills. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively counsel and collaborate with various internal business partners, including clinical operations, and have experience in privacy and securities. This role will report to the General Counsel.
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts relating to various research and clinical operations, including confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, and clinical trial agreements.
- Collaborate with internal clients across functional areas including clinical operations, R&D, regulatory, finance and commercial.
- Counsel internal clients on privacy and compliance issues, including review of various related clinical and commercial documents.
- Collaborate in developing policies, procedures and systems to support and facilitate efficient contract review and
- Legal representative for company's privacy initiatives
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What is Required
- Juris Doctorate Degree ABA accredited law school and must be active member of the California State Bar or qualified as Registered in-house Counsel
- Minimum of 6 years of transactions experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department required
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation
- Ability to gain trust at, and work with, all levels of
- High level of ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Resourceful, solutions-oriented team player with the ability to collaborate with other team members on challenging
- Self-starter who will continuously look for opportunities to improve processes and develop policies and procedures.
- Excellent judgment and ability to operate in a fast-paced, small legal department on a broad range of legal matters.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.