Senior Director, U.S. Value, Access and Pricing Strategy
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1620722
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director of U.S. Value, Access, and Pricing Strategy will be responsible for leading an internal team in developing the overall access strategy for Mirati with specific focus on pricing, and payer marketing to support patient access throughout the lifecycle of Mirati's products. This person is also responsible for list and net price strategy including contracting strategy and execution across all segments in the US market. This role reports to the Vice President, U.S. Market Value & Access and is based in San Diego, CA.
- Build and lead a successful internal team to support Mirati's first product launch and subsequent portfolio with specific focus on access strategy including marketing and messaging for all payer types. This includes but is not limited to pre-approval education and post approval payer value decks
- Responsible for recommending list and net pricing strategy at and subsequent to launch including contracting strategy for payers, physicians, and GPO's targeting long term commercial success
- Responsible for framing the internal business justification for any contract strategy approval and defining the internal processes supporting implementation of such including post contract ongoing performance measurement, validation, and evaluation.
- Responsible to partner with finance on Gross to Net Forecasting
- Responsible for articulating emerging and potentially new government policy implications for Mirati products related to price or access to products
- Design a streamlined triage process including input from all stakeholders to handle field issues that arise.
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and integration with the Marketing Team, Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, and other cross-functional members
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs to ensure the HEOR plan and value dossier include compelling and credible information for the US to support the payer messaging regarding value
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Biological Sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10-15+ years of progressive pharmaceutical experience in market access and launch of oncology or specialty care products
- Experience in payer, reimbursement, pricing & contracting strategy and execution
- Proven strong understanding of 3rd party payers (commercial/government payers), distribution and trade, physician networks, healthcare systems, and public policies associated with Oncology
- Launch experience required
- Previous experience successfully developing and leading managed markets/payer initiatives that supported product launches; well versed in pharma/payer contracting terms across various segments; experience with oral drugs, including Medicare Part D
- Track record in building leading, motivating, and training successful team members in small biotech
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills to C-suite management and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence cross-functional teams within an organization
- Experience in oncology solid tumors and oral oncolytic is preferred
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability to see the big picture and strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel 15-25% domestic (Post-Covid requirement)
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.