Executive Director, U.S. Marketing
Department: 130 - Commercial : Ben Hickey
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1620720
Mirati Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRTX) is a San Diego-based late-stage biotechnology company relentlessly focused on translating drug discovery and research into new treatments for patients by advancing and delivering novel therapeutics that target the genetic and immunologic drivers of cancer. Mirati is advancing a novel pipeline to treat large patient populations across multiple programs and tumor types, including two programs, adagrasib (MRTX849) and sitravatinib, in registration-enabling studies to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Adagrasib is an investigational small molecule and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor in clinical development as a monotherapy and in combinations. MRTX1133 is an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12D inhibitor in preclinical development.
Sitravatinib is an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK) designed to enhance immune responses through the inhibition of immunosuppressive signaling. Sitravatinib is being evaluated in multiple clinical trials to treat patients who are refractory to prior immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy, including a Phase 3 trial of sitravatinib in combination with nivolumab in NSCLC.
The Company has initiated plans to prepare for the commercialization of adagrasib by establishing its commercial and medical affairs team. Mirati's ambition is to continue to recruit and a build a world-class, high-performing team with a shared passion and dedication for transforming the future of cancer treatment.
We are Mirati
Our mission is to discover, design, and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones. We have built a culture fueled by accountability, urgency, collaboration and open-mindedness, and have established ourselves as an innovator within our industry. As we grow, we are looking to build diverse teams, with skilled individuals that are passionate about their work.
Why join us?
Our pipeline is one of the most robust and exciting in the industry and fuels our ambition to make great strides in the fight against cancer. By joining Mirati, you will become part of a leading biotech company with a team of talented professionals dedicated to bringing the latest innovations in cancer treatment to patients. With a focus on teamwork and a commitment to do everything we can to support healthcare professionals in their effort to care for patients, we are well positioned to raise expectations for what companies can do to advance cancer care. We are passionate and dedicated, nimble and fast and are committed to empowerment to enable speed and high-quality customer service. While we go about it, our commitment to do first what is right is unshakable and we promise to put patients first in all that we do.
The Executive Director of U.S. Marketing is responsible for developing and executing the U.S. marketing strategy and building a high performing marketing team to maximize the commercial success of adagrasib. This role will provide leadership to build the brand strategy, create robust multichannel programs with marketing materials that enhance disease and treatment understanding, differentiate adagrasib using scientifically sound and market-based insights, and measure, track, and recommend enhancements. The role will require direct line and cross-functional leadership, teamwork, and communication skills, highlighting a passion for patients and the business. This role reports to the Senior Vice President, U.S. Commercial and is based in San Diego, CA.
- Develop and execute the adagrasib brand plan to meet and exceed corporate objectives, on time, and on budget, encompassing the needs of the U.S. field commercial organization.
- Hire, retain, coach, and develop outstanding marketing team members who are engaged, and high performing to maximize commercial success.
- Partner with the market research team to develop primary and secondary market research plans that optimize decision-making and market intelligence, translating insights into brand and operational activities based on strategic imperatives.
- Lead the development of the promotional launch plan, to include key messages, scientific platform, novel customer engagement models, and digital strategies.
- Exercise strong leadership in leading a cutting-edge digital strategy in full integration to the broader promotional campaign
- Successfully develop and manage budgets while setting metrics to assess the impact of initiatives.
- Partner with key stakeholders to facilitate the promotional review committee process with compliance, medical, legal, and regulatory.
- Align with commercial operations and finance to update revenue projections, provide post-approval input to latest estimate revenue reviews, and contribute to long-term planning.
- Provide strategic commercial input to the companion diagnostic (CDx) strategy for adagrasib.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Market Access & Insights, Patient Advocacy, Medical Affairs, Finance, and others to accomplish goals.
- Provide business updates at Mirati senior leadership meetings.
- Ensure the activities under his/her responsibilities are in line with the company policies and procedures, operating with a high degree of integrity, and with strict adherence to compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field. Advanced degree, such as an MBA, preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility across commercial disciplines in both marketing and sales within a pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated leadership for US oncology launches, with ability to develop key strategies and execute.
- Track record required of building and leading high functioning and collaborative teams.
- High-level knowledge of marketing areas including product positioning, marketing plan development and execution, strategic communications, product launch, public and private payer reimbursement environment and life-cycle management.
- Demonstrated experience in Digital marketing/channels
- Partnered with cross-functional teams, including medical affairs and market access, to drive results.
- Solid experience in both strategic planning and promotions, with strong creative and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to inspire and influence across multiple functions.
- Ability to adapt and thrive within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Mirati's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic informations, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.