Sr. Director, Business Development & Corporate Strategy :
Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: 1544130
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director, Business Development & Corporate Strategy is responsible for leading and managing complex business development transactions and strategic initiatives. The position will identify external growth opportunities, drive partnering processes, structure and negotiate term sheets and contracts, and creatively address complex business challenges by cultivating external relationships and collaborations.
- Shape Mirati's strategic direction by leading the identification, structuring and execution of critical relationships with external partners and collaborators.
- Engage with internal stakeholders in R&D, commercial, legal, clinical, and finance to understand, balance and address business needs by structuring strategic collaborative relationships on terms that support Mirati's long-term strategic objectives.
- Lead cross-functional evaluation and execution of novel product in-licensing, M&A, and collaboration opportunities from inception to deal execution, including identification of opportunities, development of partnering materials, management of due diligence, structuring of collaborations, valuation / financial modeling, negotiating agreements and supporting active alliances with external organizations.
- Contribute to Mirati's strategic planning process by defining corporate growth objectives and translating these priorities into business development strategies.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in life science or related field, and graduate degree in business or life science required (MBA or Ph.D.)
- Ten to twelve years of relevant biopharmaceutical experience including 6-8 years in a BD or corporate strategy function with significant transaction experience
- Hands-on experience and established track record of leading a broad range of transactions from inception to completion, managing both strategic and tactical aspects, and the ability to build a comprehensive business case for transaction opportunities.
- Experience in leading and managing due diligence investigations, intellectual property review, negotiating acquisitions/licensing deals, market analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, cross-functional team leadership abilities and excellent communication skills required.
About Mirati Therapeutics
Mirati Therapeutics is a late-stage biotechnology company whose mission is to discover, design and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. The company is relentlessly focused on bringing forward therapies that address areas of high unmet need, including lung cancer, and advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics targeting the genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. Mirati is using its scientific expertise to develop novel solutions in two registration-enabling programs: adagrasib (MRTX849), an investigational small molecule, potent and selective KRAS G12C inhibitor, as monotherapy and in combination with other agents, and sitravatinib, an investigational spectrum-selective inhibitor of receptor tyrosine kinases in combination with checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Mirati is also advancing its differentiated preclinical portfolio, including MRTX1133, an investigational KRAS G12D inhibitor, and other oncology discovery programs. Unified for patients, Mirati's vision is to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer.
At Mirati, we have an unapologetic and relentless focus on our mission to transform the lives of patients with cancer and their loved ones. Patients and their families motivate us to work smarter, faster and better. We are driven by the knowledge that our efforts can one-day deliver life-saving therapies for the people who need us most. Urgency, open-mindedness, accountability and collaboration ground our work. These shared values are central to who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Our people fuel our success. They are fearless and passionate in their daily pursuit of our mission. We are committed to continuing to create a company and experience that attracts and keeps the best people. When you want your days to count and the work you do to matter, discovering and delivering potentially life-changing therapies is more than a job, it's the chance to be part of something bigger.
We believe diverse professional experiences and an inclusive culture can drive better outcomes for patients. We want employees to be authentic and use their perspectives to contribute to our mission in a meaningful way.
Mirati cultivates an environment where:
- An entrepreneurial attitude is encouraged
- Our people are empowered to speak up, embrace the gray and achieve solutions
- Diverse experiences are an important of part making the best decisions
- We laugh and have fun as a work family
No matter the role, we are unified by our passion for helping patients, and are inspired by a single vision to unlock the science behind the promise of a life beyond cancer. Together, we own Mirati's success.
Learn more at Mirati.com/careers.
Mirati is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) we celebrate diverse experiences without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.