|Job Description||Manager/Sr. Manager, Business Development|
The Manager/Sr. Manager, Business Development will play a key role in Mirati’s business development efforts and corporate strategy. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional groups within the organization to facilitate external collaborations, leverage industry intelligence to develop a deep working knowledge of the competitive landscape and support pre-commercialization activities for Mirati’s programs.
- Support strategic decision-making and transaction processes via quantitative and qualitative analyses including competitive landscape assessment, forecasting, valuation and financial modeling.
- Conduct industry research, gather and analyze data and insights to stay current on scientific, competitive and industry dynamics in relevant areas. Communicate findings to inform Mirati’s strategy and share insights with team members and Mirati leadership.
- Support and manage contracting process with potential collaborators for CDAs, MTAs, sponsored research agreements, and MSAs with strategic service providers.
- Lead due diligence processes by overseeing and managing electronic data rooms. Coordinate across multiple functions throughout deal process.
- Support pre-commercialization efforts for Mirati’s programs, including contributing to market research, forecasting, and other pre-launch activities.
- Create and refine internal and external presentations including partnering materials and public messaging.
- Support various business development, new product planning, alliance management, and corporate initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or related field; advanced degree in business or life science preferred
- Four to five years of experience in the life science / pharmaceutical industry in business development, corporate strategy, healthcare investment banking or technology transfer
- Experience in leading and managing due diligence investigations, intellectual property review, market analysis and competitive analysis
- Strong scientific and business acumen and understanding of relevant therapeutic areas
- Strong analytical skills, advanced financial modeling valuation skills, cross-functional team leadership abilities and excellent communication skills required
- This position may require 10% – 15% travel