|Job Description||Head of Medical Affairs|
What is this role really like?
The Head of Medical Affairs will be responsible for building a US Medical Affairs organization and developing strategic and tactical plans to support the development and preparation for the launch of Mirati Therapeutics’ Oncology products.
The Head of Medical Affairs will create the strategy and build execution plans across the US. This role will be responsible for scientific communications for Healthcare Providers and Research communities, including but not limited to developing high quality educational content such as slide decks, medical presentations for conferences, advisory boards, and cross functional review of promotional materials. This role will partner closely with clinical and advise on progression and strategy of continuing studies and co-lead the development of post-marketing data generation. Specific responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Recruit a top-notch medical science liaison (MSL) team
- Represent Mirati at local/national/international scientific congresses and professional society meetings and patient advocacy forums.
- Provide support/direction, where necessary, for study design and execution for global medical affairs studies
- Provide medical input into developing global strategic launch plans, training materials, and medical information & provide scientific and medical support for publications and presentations as needed
- Support internal and external requests for KOL engagement, strategic alliances, and collaborators
- Participate in the review and approval of investigator-initiated studies
- Educate KOLs and ensure consistent and accurate medical communications
- Provide medical support for key commercial activities
- Responsibility and accountability for the financial management and reporting requirements for medical affairs, including forecasting, long range planning and managing the budget
- MD required
- 10+ years leading Medical Oncology strategy in pharma company
- Strong track record of hiring and developing talent
- The ability to travel nationally/internationally as required
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analysis
- Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives
Please note this role is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters