|Job Description||Sr. Financial Analyst/Financial Operations Manager|
This position is primarily responsible for acting as the main point of contact for all clinical trial site payment matters to ensure payments to the Company’s clinical sites are made timely and accurately. The role will also support the monthly financial close activities by preparing data to be used in the clinical site accruals and will provide analytical and budgeting support for the CFO and VP, Finance. The role requires the ability to work cross functionally as it interacts heavily with internal Clinical Operations personnel, external vendors (including personnel from our clinical trial payment vendor and clinical research organization) and clinical study site personnel.
Qualified candidate will utilize their analytical and organizational skills to provide the following support:
- Manage the clinical trial payment process by acting as main point of contact for all clinical trial site payment matters. Requires hands on involvement of activities from contract set up to payments to clinical sites. This role will monitor clinical site payment vendor activities to ensure site contracts are loaded correctly and timely into the payment vendor’s system, review of payment amounts against electronic data provided from the clinical site to ensure payments are accurately triggered, respond to inquiries regarding site payments and other related activities.
- Support the Accounting group during the monthly financial close by providing data required for the clinical accruals in a timely and accurate manner, including preparing certain accruals, account reconciliations or other analyses, as needed.
- Perform financial analysis and budgeting support for the CFO and VP, Finance, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Health Sciences or related; CPA or MBA is a plus
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in clinical operations and/or financial planning and analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ClinPay or similar site payment systems is a plus
- Experience with electronic data capture (EDC) systems, SQL and database architecture is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in biotech or life sciences industry preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving with the ability to identify and bring issues to closure in a timely manner