|Job Description||Sr. Financial Analyst/Financial Operations Manager|
This position is primarily responsible for analyzing clinical trial costs and serve as a trusted, strategic finance partner. The role will support the monthly financial close activities by preparing data to be used in the clinical site accruals and will provide analytical, forecasting and budgeting support for the CFO and VP, Finance. This role will also act as the main point of contact for all clinical trial site payment matters to ensure payments to the Company’s clinical sites are made timely and accurately. The role requires the ability to work cross functionally as it interacts heavily with internal Clinical Operations personnel, external vendors (including personnel from our clinical trial payment vendor and clinical research organization) and clinical study site personnel.
Qualified candidate will utilize their analytical and organizational skills to provide the following support:
- Partner with leadership to own, design, build, and maintain key financial models for forecasting and budgeting.
- Create, manage and automate clinical trial reporting and dashboards to monitor the financial spend of clinical studies.
- Manage the clinical trial payment process by acting as main point of contact for all clinical trial site payment matters. Requires hands on involvement in activities from contract set up to payments to clinical sites.
- Monitor and ensure clinical site budgets are processed timely and accurately within the clinical site payment system.
- Support the Accounting group during the monthly financial close by providing data required for the clinical accruals in a timely and accurate manner, including preparing certain accruals, account reconciliations or other analyses, as needed.
- Work closely with leadership to create Ad-Hoc analyses to drive specific business objectives and strategies.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Health Sciences or related; CPA or MBA is a plus
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in clinical operations and/or FP&A
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Microsoft Power BI and Power Pivot, a plus
- Experience with electronic data capture (EDC) systems, SQL and database architecture is preferred
- Experience with Adaptive Insights financial planning software and/or ClinPay (or similar clinical trial payment systems) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in biotech or life sciences industry preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving with the ability to identify and bring issues to closure in a timely manner