|Job Description||Facilities / Shipping and Receiving Manager|
What is this role really like?
This position is responsible for management of facilities operations as well as shipping and receiving for domestic and international shipments of lab materials, including hazardous chemicals. The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and a sense of urgency as we are a fast-paced organization. This role will report to the Head of IT and Facilities and will interact with and provide service to many other functions.
- Work with business functions and HR to forecast space, seating, and equipment needs
- Coordinate and lead employee and department moves, including disseminating information to cross functional team, employees, outside vendors, landlord, etc.
- Work with vendors and property management on TI and office space reconfiguration
- Coordinate building move-in and decommissioning projects.
- Procure and manage the installation of furniture/fixtures/equipment
- Participate in the development and communication of facility processes and procedures.
- Manage facilities vendor relationships including vendor selection, RFP preparation, business justification, contract review, onboarding and ongoing management.
- Create and oversee EH&S program
- Manage the company security and surveillance systems
- Prepare and maintain accurate building maps/drawings/floorplans/records
- Participate in quarterly meetings with cross functional team members (as needed)
- Manage receipt and inventory of goods as needed for various departments, including a research team of approximately 30 FTE in chemistry and biology anticipated to receive multiple shipments daily, including hazardous chemicals and biological samples
- Coordinate and manage disposal of solid and liquid chemical and biohazardous waste streams.
- Arrange frequent domestic and international shipments of research materials, including hazardous chemicals and biological samples, in accord with all necessary carrier and regulatory requirements, including shipment by cold-chain where necessary.
- Manage shipping of raw materials, DP, and API samples to CMO’s in and outside the US
- Coordinate with procurement and regulatory to ensure compliance with SOX, Part 11 and other regulatory guidelines.
- Minimum 6 years of facilities management and material handling experience.
- High School Diploma Required, Degree in Facilities Management or similar field preferred.
- Facilities management or project management certificate a plus.
- Must be able to read and work off building maps, schematics, and AutoCAD drawing – AutoCAD, Revit, or Bluebeam knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work weekends as needed, or extended hours during the regular business week.
- Knowledge of IFMA and BOMA best practices and standards.
- Knowledge of building management, security systems, furniture systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio and other software required for the role
- Proactive, self-starter who possesses exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with outside vendors, property managers, and employees of all levels successfully.
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan, and manage work effectively under time and budget constraints.
- Ability to perform basic hands-on facilities tasks
- Must possess demonstrated leadership and customer service skills.
- Good problem solving/decision making skills.
- Maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations.