|Job Description||Associate Director/Director, Procurement|
What is this role really like?
We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced Associate Director/Director, Procurement to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage our company’s procurement function. The role will report to the VP, Finance and will require the ability to work strategically while also being hands on as the procurement function is developed.
- Develop procurement strategy for sourcing company supplies, materials and equipment, as well as services for outsourced activities (such as CROs for clinical trial operations) from approved vendors; when appropriate, utilize an RFP process to obtain and maintain competitive pricing
- Actively assist internal employees with vendor selection by performing vendor interviews, reference checks and cost comparisons
- Function as the main point of contact for procurement matters: manage workflow of procurement requests (to include services, materials, supplies, etc.) from initiation of request to completion, including negotiating key contract terms with vendors, as needed
- Negotiate key business terms of contracts to achieve the most favorable terms for the Company and work closely with the Company’s Legal team to ensure all relevant legal concerns are addressed in the final contract
- Work closely with the business to understand their procurement and supply needs
- Oversee/manage timely generation and communication of purchase order information to suppliers and internal stakeholders, as appropriate
- Comply with all chemical and lab supply ordering/tracking requirements and procedures
- Identify appropriate web-based systems to purchase chemical and lab supplies and help to integrate the systems into the Company’s processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Accurately track and report key functional metrics
What would a successful candidate look like?
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or similar
- 10+ years of experience as a Procurement professional or another relevant role
- Direct experience procuring lab supplies and equipment to support biology and chemistry labs
- Proven experience reviewing and negotiating contractual agreements
- Detail oriented, well organized and able to effectively perform multiple tasks
- Assertive, diplomatic, self-directed and collaborative
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Solid knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to interpret and communicate financial information
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and listening skills